Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for the development, administration and management of Progress Residential’s competitive pay strategies, policies and procedures ensuring programs are designed to attract and retain top talent as well as comply with federal, State and county regulations. This position performs and implements compensation and incentive pay studies, surveys and responds to request as well as ensuring salary grades, positions and classifications are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Conducts salary studies utilizing appropriate market data to determine the target market salary for various positions and competitiveness; recommends and implements adjustments to salary plans to maintain appropriate internal and external pay relationships; recommends and secures external survey reports to be used as benchmarks for salary studies
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for corporate staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data
- Conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure Progress Residentials compensation objectives are achieved
- Plans, develops, conducts and implements classification studies for all major employee groups as needed; determines appropriate job evaluation methods; resolves classification issues with employees and department manager; reviews and finalizes proposed job descriptions and/or develops and writes job descriptions.
- Reviews proposed salaries and equity adjustment requirements and provides pertinent data, analyses, and recommendation to management for approval
- Assists with the administration of company-wide incentive pay programs
- Designs and delivers compensation communication and training materials to managers and employees
- Responds to department and employee requests for new and revised classifications
- Business Acumen
- Mathematical Skills
- Decision Making
- Customer/Client Focus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
- Five to nine years of progressively responsible experience in compensation and classification management, classification studies and classification/position reviews
- Knowledge of Federal, State laws
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.